The North County African American Women’s Association (NCAAWA) is a non-profit organization and a mentoring network committed to helping our youth and young women in need of developing their personal and professional goals. Through your participation in the Gentlemen’s Gourmet, you are supporting our efforts in generating the financial support needed for educational and vocational scholarship awards.We invite all professional and amateur male chefs to participate in this event by contributing their culinary talents to this worthwhile goal. Professional Chefs can use this event to advertise their businesses to the hundreds of guests who will enjoy their dish(es). To ensure that each dish is judged fairly, a method of “blind tasting” will be used by our judges. For those of you with a competitive edge, the monetary awards are:
Monetary awards are as follows:
Trophies will be presented in each category as determined by a panel of judges. Professional and amateur chefs will be judged separately. Admission for participating chefs is complimentary. All other guests who accompany the chef must purchase a ticket for $65. Please encourage your friends and family to attend and cast their vote for you as their “People’s Choice” chef. Historically this has been a sold out event.
· Categories include: Appetizers, Sides (vegetables, salads, breads), Entrees, Soups/Chilis/Gumbo, Desserts.
· You can enter up to one dish per category.
· All food should be prepared and ready to serve upon arrival at the event.
· Each dish should serve 80-90 guests (4 oz serving cups will be provided).
· Hot foods should be kept warm (please bring a multi-outlet surge protector if heating is required).
· Please bring your own serving utensils, i.e., spoon, spatula, knife, etc.
· Please bring ice or an ice chest for cold dishes. Refrigeration is not available.
· Please inform us in advance of any special setup needs (ex. electrical outlet, extra table, etc).
· You must arrive no later than 4:00p.m. to receive instructions and set up in order to be judged.
· Judging is from 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.