Read the important information below for participating Chefs and then register online. Not going to be a chef? Consider buying a ticket to the event or making a donation!
The North County African American Women’s Association (NCAAWA) is a non-profit organization and a mentoring network committed to helping our youth and young women in need of developing their personal and professional goals. Through your participation in the Gentlemen’s Gourmet, you are supporting our efforts in generating the financial support needed for educational and vocational scholarship awards. We invite all professional and amateur male chefs to participate in this event by contributing their culinary talents to this worthwhile goal. Professional Chefs can use this event to advertise their businesses to the hundreds of guests who will enjoy their dish(es). To ensure that each dish is judged fairly, a method of “blind tasting” will be used by our judges. For those of you with a competitive edge, the monetary awards are:
*Receives monetary compensation for commercial culinary services **Home Cook
Trophies will be presented in each category as determined by a panel of judges. Professional and amateur chefs will be judged separately. Admission for participating chefs is complimentary. All other guests who accompany the chef must purchase a ticket for $80. Please encourage your friends and family to attend and cast their vote for you as their “People’s Choice” chef. Historically this has been a sold-out event. Please feel free to share a link to this page with professional or home cooks who may be interested in participating in this event.
Applications must be received no later than Wednesday, August 30, 2022!
· 3:30 PM arrival time to receive instructions and setup in order to be judged. (Late Arrivers may not be judged)
· All food should be prepared and ready to serve upon arrival at the event.
· Each entry dish should serve 125 – 4 ounce servings (4oz tasting cups will be provided to you).
· Hot foods should be kept warm (please bring a multi-outlet surge protector if heating is required).
· Please bring your own serving utensils, (fork, knife, spoon, spatula, etc.)
· Please bring ice or an ice chest for cold dishes. Refrigeration is not available.
· Please inform us in advance of any special setup needs (ex. electrical outlet, extra table, etc.)
· Judging is from 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
· Food tastings begin at 6:00 p.m. and conclude at 7:15 p.m.
· You may enter no more than 3 dishes/categories.
For further information and/or questions, please contact:
Ke'Anna Dodds, Chief Committee Chairperson (760) 583-4469
Chelsea Knave, Chef Committee (760) 710-9504