1. Must be a female of African American descent, graduating high school senior, ROP, trade school,community college, 4 year college or adult student. Graduate students enrolled in a degree program or certificate course of study are also eligible.
2. Must reside in or attend school in the following locations: Carlsbad, Escondido, Fallbrook, Oceanside, San Dieguito, San Marcos, Vista
3. Must have C average or above and good citizenship.
4. Must be enrolled with a minimum of 12 units in a college, ROP, trade, technical,or graduate school for the entering semester.
5. Must submit a completed application, resume, official transcript and two letters of recommendation from teachers, ministers, employers, or community organizations. Official transcript must be in an officially sealed envelope or sent directly from a counselor.
6. A photo must be submitted with the initial application package to be used for publicity purposes.