Join us for our upcoming events!
Meetings and Meetups
Join us for our monthly membership meetings and join our meetup group for our upcoming events!
Join us for our monthly meetings on the 4th Thursday of the month :
MiraCosta College Community Learning Center
1831 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92056
The North County African American Women's Association is an all inclusive organization with the mission to provide a support network through education, health awareness, and life skills programs for w
View our past events and activities.
Vista Community Clinic Gala
Friends of the Oceanside Public Library Tea
City of Oceanside 4th of July Parade
In the Classroom
Mixers and Meetups
Benefits of Belonging Mixer
Meetup at Chili's
Soul Line Dancing
New Year's Eve Gala
In memory of the life and accomplishments of Dr. Martin L .King, Jr., the North San Diego County Branch of the NAACP hosted its Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Prayer Breakfast. It was held on Monday, January 19, 2015 at 8:00 A.M. at the MiraCosta College Cafeteria, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside, CA.
In conjunction with this event, the City of Oceanside presented the 2015 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Service Award to Charles Adams. Each of this year’s nominees exemplified the spirit of Dr. King by making meaningful contributions to this community through leadership, service, and effort. nsdcnaacp.org
On December 30th, Sojourner was installed in her new space. She is located on Ridge Walk, Thurgood Marshall Campus at the University of California, San Diego.
Thurgood Marshall College hosted a reception to welcome the new public art installation, Sojourner Truth, to campus. This event was free and open to the community. The program included presentations by campus leadership, the artist, and student groups.
Learn more about the sculptor: Manuelita Brown www.tsahaistudio.com
Thurgood Marshall College: marshall.ucsd.edu
- Celebrate Black History Month Sponsored by the friends of the Oceanside Public Library and NCAAWA
- Blacks in the Civil War - Reggie Owens, February 7, 2015, Oceanside Library
- An Evening of Performance: February 21,2015 Sunshine Brooks Theater. Celebrating the History of Black America: A month long series of programs designed to engage, inform, and inspire.
- Drum Circle with Chazz: Chazz guided us on a colorful safari. The participatory Drum Circle focused on the universal unifying rhythm- the heartbeat. This event was free for all ages!
- Walking through History-February 21,2015
- We Speak your Name Adaptation of Pearl Clege's book, NCAAWA
- I Have A Dream- Rev. Dennis Brown - Spoken Word
- But By the Content of their Character:How Dr. King's Speech Still Resonates Today- February 28, 2015
- Umoja Fundraiser at MiraCosta College February 28, 2015
The Umoja Program held its 2nd annual Soul Fusion fundraiser with music featuring MiraCosta's Frequency Vocal Jazz Ensemble, Gospel music by David Dredden and Undefeated, and special guest, R & B singer TJ Wilkins from season 6 of The Voice.
- 1st Annual Salute to Black Women Awards Breakfast March 21,2015
Members attended the 1st Annual Salute to Black Women Awards Breakfast, sponsored by the NSDC NAACP. Four members were saluted at this breakfast: Lillian Adams, Cynthia Rice-Carroll, Dorothy Gunn, and Dorothy Foster, posthumously.
- Mentoring Field Trip
Becoming A Global Citizenmentoring program sponsored by NCAAWA fieldtrip to the Grand Tea Room in Escondido. Mentors and mentees attended.
- 19th Annual Gentlemen's Gourmet!
- Martin Luther King Community Breakfast
- Bellefleur Happy Hour Meetup
- Have A Heart Luncheon Supporting the Women’s Resource Center
- Soul Line Dancing Meetup
- Coyote Bar and Grill Meetup
- Soroptomist 35th Salad Luncheon
- Beautiful, Brilliant and Brave: A Celebration of Black Women
- The North County African American Women’s Association and Soroptimist International Oceanside-Carlsbad present: Grooving on the Green Concert
- Happy Hour and Mixer at Pacific 333
- Friends of the Oceanside Public Library Tea
- 2014 Awards and Scholarship Luncheon
- 2014 Gentlemen’s Gourmet: Rio Carnival
- Hass Team Family Picnic
- Hass Team Decadent Dessert Party
- NYE Gala
- Dr. Martin L. King Jr. Community Breakfast
- Benefits of Belonging Mixer
- Co-Hosted the "Equal Pay for Women" Event with the Lawyers Club of SD
- VIP Sneak Preview of the Renovated Boys and Girls Club of Oceanside
- Oceanside Library High Tea sponsored by Friends of the Library.
- Interfaith Community Services "Set Sail With Us" Event
- Vista Community Clinic Gala
- Kappa Alpha Psi "Children of Promise" Benefit
- Scholarship Awards Reception
- MLK Scholarship Evening
- The NCAAWA helped "Stamp out Hunger" with the USPS National Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive at the Carlsbad Post Office. All donations collected were given to Brother Benno's in Oceanside.
- The NCAAWA participated in the 125th Year Celebration of the City Of Oceanside's Independence Day Parade.
- Women's Resource Center Cocktail Party (In support of Victims of Domestic Violence)
- 1st NCAAWA Meetup at Chili's
- Members attended "A New You" Breast Cancer Education and Healthy Lifestyle Program @VCC
- Members attended the NSDC NAACP's "Blue and Gold Awards Banquet
- NCAAWA'S-" 17th Annual Gentlemen's Gourmet Scholarship Fundraiser"
- Soul Line Dancing Meetup
- Supported Oceanside College Bound Fundraiser
- Women's Resource Center Gift Wrapping
March 2006: Women’s Plays Hit North County Theaters
October 2006: NCAAWA Puts on the Glitz at Awards Gala
October 2004: Gentlemen’s Gourmet Raises Funds for Scholarships